|Technology||Skill Level||Time Used||Last Used|
|Java||Beginner||2 years||2 years ago|
|SQL Server||Intermediate||2 years||2 years ago|
|Windows 95/98/NT/XP/2000||Intermediate||10 years||current|
|Linux and other Unix systems||Intermediate||8 years||current|
Manager of Applications Development
- Managed a team of five developers in building and maintaining travel information websites such as SmarterTravel , an online consumer travel community providing editorial content, newsletters, and tools for researching and planning; and BookingBuddy , a deep-linking search tool allowing users to search multiple travel sites for airfare, vacations, cruises and more after entering their criteria once.
Senior Developer / Team Lead
- Built, extended and supported web-based PHP/Perl/MySQL applications for web- and email-subscription-based travel information provider which sends 11 million emails monthly to over 1 million subscribers. Primary responsibilities included developing and managing large and small projects (examples below), serving as first line of defense for critical problems, and providing ongoing support and maintenance for existing front- and back-end functionality.
- Served as lead on team of 6 developers. Responsible for managing/setting priorities, assignment of tasks and projects based on skill set and available resources, and ongoing skill development for team members. Initiated standardization of QA and project scoping/estimation procedures, leading to dramatic improvement in team's reliability, quality of work and ability to meet deadlines.
- Responsible for architecture design, project management and quality assurance of outsourced project. Core functionality included an admin system to create, manage and report on a hierarchical directory of third-party travel deals; a front-end interface for partner sites to pull XML or HTML feeds of deals; and showcase website TripMania to act as a first consumer of the XML feeds.
- Led team of 3 developers in architecting a dynamic list segmentation application (QueryBuilder) and sophisticated Mailer application (to replace existing mailing functionality). Features of the Mailer include scalable client/server architecture, automated throttling, personalization of mail content, and load balancing.
- Personally responsible for development of the QueryBuilder, which allows non-technical staff to perform complex mailing list segmentation based on user demographics, subscriptions, and click and other behavior on newsletters and the website. Implementation included the abstraction of existing 25-table multi-database architecture into a representational option path tree; creation of a DHTML-based interface which dynamically creates and displays lists, criteria sets, and relationships, as well as context-sensitive population of dropdowns based on previously selected criteria; and programmatic construction of hierarchical SQL queries to generate the lists represented by the criteria sets.
Teaching Fellow, Data Structures
- Created and taught lesson plans for a weekly 2-hour course section to complement lecture.
- Graded homework and exams.
Senior Software Engineer
- Responsible for timely implementation and configuration of new partner rollouts, including customized taxonomy, data cleansing and preloading, and targeted email campaigns.
Senior Web Developer
- Developed and supported ASP/VBScript web applications for internet, intranet and customer support infrastructure. Projects included complete rewrite of online order processing engine, implementation of SQL Server full-text search capabilities and development of front-end search functionality, and creation of Perl-based Customer Service mail efficiency and error handling of existing webpages.
- Supported SQL Server and IIS architecture, engineered Perl scripts to handle back-end processes, assisted in debugging Visual Basic COM objects.
- Mentored junior developers in database, web architecture, programming and debugging skills.
Applications Developer / Systems Administrator
- Responsible for configuring and troubleshooting Unix (Solaris, Linux, AIX, Digital UNIX, etc.) and Windows NT Server production servers and workstations. Served as technical support lead for all field staff in US and UK. Managed firewall, mail system, user accounts and other technical infrastructure. Managed and expanded 10/100baseT LAN, fractional T1 Internet connection and telecommunications systems for rapidly-growing employee base. Responsible for $75,000 annually in hardware and software purchases.
Assistant Coordinator of MIS
Charles River Health Management / The Collaborative (August 1996 - April 1998)
- Designed a relational database to manage clinical and financial information using Microsoft Access and Visual Basic. Simplified data entry procedures to reduce human error, eliminate technical experience requirement for data entry personnel, and decrease data entry time by 60%. Automated reports to decrease production time by up to 50%.
- Restructured organizational and departmental data flow utilizing an application-based modeling approach. Implementation included development of mechanisms to provide feedback to program stakeholders; streamlining and simplification of data collection; and advocating the use of technology to support financial forecasting, auditing of clinical paperwork, and client outcomes assessment. Provided technical support and education to managerial, administrative and clinical staff.
Independent Projects and Presentations
Web Development Contractor
Small businesses and organizations (1997-present)
- Undertook projects of varying scope using PHP, Perl and MySQL. Recent and ongoing projects have included development of Target Teams' client extranet application for management and reporting of candidate assessment results, and design and implementation of websites for Ecclesia Ministries and Massachusetts Episcopal Clergy Association . Society websites.
- Coordinated SPSS data analysis and reporting of "Lifestyle" survey responses from Harvard alumni.
- Advised reunion committee on strategies to maximize statistical validity and response rate.
- Designed a PowerPoint presentation of survey results for display at the reunion.
Database Application Developer
- Designed a FilemakerPro data management system to track lending library materials. Implementation included a search interface for visitor use, introduction of barcode technology, and automated generation of material and client status reports.
- Participated in development of a standardized coding protocol for qualitative data measuring attitude function. Performed extensive data validation and analysis procedures utilizing SPSS.
"Managing the Multiple Needs of Program Stakeholders"
Tools for the Trade: Information Systems to Measure and Improve Behavioral Health Outcomes
- Presented November 1997. Albert E. Trieschman Center, Cambridge, MA.
"Using Technology to Administer Effective Program Evaluations"
- Presented October 1997. Boston, MA.
Medford, MA (Graduated 1997)
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology, concentration in Research and Statistical Analysis
- Graduated Cum Laude with High Thesis Honors
- Priscilla Dunne Prize Scholarship for Excellence in Psychology
Woburn, MA (2005)
- Macromedia Flash I, II and III
Cambridge, MA (2001-2002)
- Data Structures, Implementing Internet Protocols, Java for Distributed Computing (Received A grades in all classes)
Boston, MA (1997-1998)
- Windows Operating Systems Architecture, Visual Basic, Visual InterDev, Programming MSAccess, Developing Office 97